ThinkGrants is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your personal data and we will gladly assist you.
It is ThinkGrants’ policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website.
Definitions (either capitalized or not):
Personal data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data.
Data subject – a natural person whose personal data is being processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
Like most website operators, ThinkGrants collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. ThinkGrants’ purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how ThinkGrants’ visitors use its website. From time to time, ThinkGrants may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
ThinkGrants also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on https://thinkgrants.com/ blog posts. ThinkGrants only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to ThinkGrants’ websites choose to interact with ThinkGrants in ways that require ThinkGrants to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that ThinkGrants gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for a membership or newsletter at https://thinkgrants.com/ to provide a username and/or email address.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair and transparent. Our processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before processing personal data. We will provide you information regarding processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our processing activities fit the purpose for which personal data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and process the minimal amount of personal data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights subject to ThinkGrants’ policies and sole discretion:
- Right to information – meaning you have the right to know whether your personal data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your personal data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your personal data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to processing of your personal data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your personal data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for processing of your personal data.
- Note: all of the above is subject to Thinkgrants’ policies and sole and final discretion. By using this web site you agree that you shall have no claim against ThinkGrants or its website or its personnel of any sort. Furthermore you forgo any claim, legal of otherwise and any demand of any kind that you may have now or in the future.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with:
This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you:
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any) etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfill an obligation under law or contract;
- Any other need that may is necessary to ensure the efficient functioning of this ThinkGrants.
We use your personal data on legitimate grounds and/or with your consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing
- Any other need that is necessary to ensure the efficient functioning of ThinkGrants.
On the ground of legitimate interest, we process your personal data for various purposes such as (but not limited to):
- to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
- Any other need that may is necessary to ensure the efficient functioning of ThinkGrants.
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we process your personal data for various purposes such as (but not limited to):
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for
- Any other need that may is necessary to ensure the efficient functioning of ThinkGrants.
We process your personal data in order to fulfill obligation rising from law and/or use your personal data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise personal data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from the law or any other need or obligation.
We might process your personal data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of personal data is suitable for further processing;
- the further processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for processing.
Who else can access your personal data
We do not share your personal data with strangers. Personal data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We only work with processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your personal data. We disclose your personal data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your personal data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur. If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
Links to External Sites
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
ThinkGrants discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that
- need to know that information in order to process it on ThinkGrants’ behalf or to provide services available at ThinkGrants’ website, and
- that have agreed not to disclose it to others.
Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using ThinkGrants’ website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. ThinkGrants will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, ThinkGrants discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when ThinkGrants believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of ThinkGrants, third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of https://thinkgrants.com/ and have supplied your email address, ThinkGrants may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with ThinkGrants and our services. We primarily use our newsletter to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. ThinkGrants takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
ThinkGrants may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. ThinkGrants may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, ThinkGrants does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, ThinkGrants uses “Cookies”, similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Those who engage in transactions with ThinkGrants – by purchasing ThinkGrants’ membership or services, are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, ThinkGrants collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with ThinkGrants. ThinkGrants does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions at: email@example.com
If a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved through our internal process, we agree to dispute resolution using an independent arbitrator (as a third-party resolution provider).
Note: all of the above is subject to ThinkGrants’ policies and sole and final discretion. By using this website you agree that you shall have no claim against the company or its website or its personnel of any sort. Furthermore you forgo any claim, legal of otherwise and any demand of any kind that you may have now or in the future.
Effective date: 2nd September 2018